Friday

Now this is what I call effective leadership!

A good friend of mien from Minnesota calls me the other day to tell me about a phone call he received from one group of OLF function. The message was left on his answering machine. He was very surprise and upset by the content of this message. The message basically states that he should not allowed or he should not be going to the meeting called by the other function of OLF that was suppose to be going on last weekend.

I am not so sure if this is a way to follow for any of the OLF leadership. I do not think calling individuals and telling them what to do or not is the best approach to dram up support for your organization. After all are we struggle for freedom of choice, the freedom to chose what meeting to attend or not. Should we be dictated by one or another groups. Are we actually losing focus here? Who is the enemy? This is the way how we want to lead this or any other Oromo organization? I will let my fellow Oromo to answer that.

Speak Out Oromo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Speak Out Oromo,

I share your concerns regarding the phone call for your friend in Minnesota. But the truth of the matter is more complicated that what you heard over the phone.

The OLF fuction that had been calling themselves, TA or QCA since 2001, recently announced that they are the true leaders...as a rebuttal to their sudden announcement I suppose the OLF MN chapter called its members and supporters not to go to the meeting called upon the people by TA.

Now please bear with me that, I am not OLF member or leader but as a concerned Oromo....I aspire to set the record straight....and I don't see any reason why you thought the annoucement as something bad/wrong when the TA announced in public the asmara based OLF are sell-outs while the American based regional TA is the true freedom fighters.

Dhugaan haa lalistuu,
Dharti lafaa haa lixuu!

Oromo it is time to question these individuals who are forming political organizations every other day to satisfy their Ego.

~Abdi Saba is Minneapolis based Oromo student~

OROMO said...

Thanks Abdi Saba for your feedback. I have learned a few more since my last post about this issue. I will have more to say on this topic in the future. I don’t like what I am hearing about the way TA conducting their business…. In fact I do not like the way all Oromo organizations conduct their business at all.

Speak out Oromo!